CZ-452 at the Range

Model12Win

Guys I got my CZ-452 Military Trainer out to the range today and shot some groups. I was using Norma USA Match 22 and also some CCI standard velocity. Using the open sights at 50m, I was getting about 1 1/2" groups with both rounds. Not great I know, but this is a stock rifle and it's only my second time shooting it. I plan to get a Yodave trigger kit from ebay. The trigger on this rifle has some creep to it. The RO at the range today was super awesome and he is in to .22 target shooting, and had his Anschütz target rifle there and he let me put some rounds through it. What an AWESOME rifle!! Incredibly precise, even with me behind the scope I made a handsome cloverleaf at 50 meters. Here is a picture from the day:

20161002_142832.jpg

I had so much fun today. Even though I am so new to this, I was really encouraged and had more fun than I've had at the range in a long time. And I didn't spend much money! Boy this rimfire shooting thing is really great, making tiny holes and not spending a fortune doing it! I feel like I just opened up a whole new can of worms, but these worms are good and enjoyable worms. :D

Thanks all and have a great week!!

M12

Your 452 has a LOT of potential. They are great rifles and mine is not picky with ammo. It WILL shoot with my MPR64 at 50 yards. I have had a trigger job done on the rifle and it is bedded. The trigger is decidedly not a target trigger. It breaks about 1.5-2 lbs. The Annie breaks at 8-10 oz.

Give your CZ a chance and put some good glass on it and you will be pleased how well it does.:)

Your 452 has a LOT of potential. They are great rifles and mine is not picky with ammo. It WILL shoot with my MPR64 at 50 yards. I have had a trigger job done on the rifle and it is bedded. The trigger is decidedly not a target trigger. It breaks about 1.5-2 lbs. The Annie breaks at 8-10 oz.

Give your CZ a chance and put some good glass on it and you will be pleased how well it does.

Thanks! I was hoping to use it with open sights but will put a scope on it if it will help.

Mine was auto glass. I can't see front mounted iron sights worth a hoot though its it s are good ones for a 22 .

I would like to put a Savage Acu Target Trigger on that gun! Only down side is the trigger, just not that great but I do ok with it.

Yep, Rimfire is a lot of fun. I usually take both the centers and the 452 to the range.

Cabellas has been selling Nomra Tac-22 lately, it really likes it.

It does decently with about anything, some it likes better than others.

I always shoot 50 yds, pretty much 1 MOA for me, its really a bit light for a bench rifle, be a great woods rifle.

Your 452 has some of the BEST iron sights ever. Mine were SO good, that I was able to see a LOT of potential. I just knew it would get better with some good glass. You have a really good rifle. You are going to really appreciate just how good it can be. As I said, it will shoot right with my Annie with a variety of ammo. Neither one will shoot high velocity ammo well. Stick with good subsonic ammo and you will be happy.:)

Yup, the tangent sights on the 452 Lux/Trainer/FS are the best open sights on any production rifle IMO. Even the simpler sights on the Scout are all steel and give a great sight picture. Gotta love the 452's, shame they're going away.

Yes Hammerhead, I noticed one in stock at Bud's and something said to me "now is the time" as I heard they are being discontinued.

Sounds like a great day at the range Model12! And welcome to the CZ addiction, just your warned you can't stop at just one. I picked up a used 452FS about a month ago and have a companion 452 American on layaway.

The CZs are wonderful values, IMO. Mine shoots well above what I would have expected and seems to be close to living up to the Internet legends. No, I wouldn't say it is the absolute equal to something like an Anschutz 54-action, a Winchester 52 or similar rifles. But it costs significantly less; for the price of a basic Anschutz sporter you can have a CZ452, an adjustable-objective Leupold scope, a case of SK Standard+ and money left for range fees! :D

Sadly, as good as the stock CZ tangent sights are, I've noticed my FS came with a blurry front sight ( :o ) which makes getting the best accuracy out of it kind of difficult. Luckily Leupold makes some excellent rimfire-scaled scopes in the FX-1 4x and VX-1 2-7x28mm that will match up perfectly. I'll probably be doing that after the American gets set-up and brought home.

For ammo, try CCI SV, SK Magazine, SK Standard+ or Wolf Match Target (same ammo), RWS Target Rifle and Aguila Rifle Match. All of these have given me good to great results. Reading over at RFC suggests Lapua Center-X may also shoot really well at a reasonable price point. Relatively speaking of course, none of these are soda can plinking ammo. ;)

Here's a gratuitous picture:

Very awesome P-990! I love the looks of that Mannlicher stock!

This won't be my last CZ rifle. In fact, my next one will be a 527 in 7.62x39mm. I plan to put a 4x fixed power Leopold scope on it, and will be using it on hogs this winter. The hunting trip I was supposed to go on this month has to be pushed up to a later date. That should give me enough time to have the rifle all ready though!! :D

Back