CZ-452 American

P-990

There's just something about the little CZ rimfire rifles, I can't explain why I need one of each in my collection. But they keep following me home! :cool: This the latest addition, a 452 American in .22LR. Since I've become a believer in the "buy once, cry once" philosophy of optical quality, it's wearing a Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR in Leupold 13mm rings. Eventually I'll get a picture of it outside on the range, but this will have to do for now.

Luckily, I did manage to get it zeroed at 25-yards yesterday, in spite of the blowing rain. I only ran three different types of ammo through it, CCI Standard Velocity, Eley Target and RWS Target Rifle. The Eley seems to be the winner of the day for the first targets. Next up will be some Remington/Eley Club Xtra. I'm not sure if I'll go any further up the ammo quality scale yet.

Short summary: If you're thinking about getting a CZ rimfire rifle, just dive in. You're likely to be very pleased.

They do shoot well, even with the factory trigger. The only thing I don't like about the CZ's is the safety. The CCI standard velocity is my go to target ammo outside a match. I really don't need more. Got a lot of the stuff.

just picked up my third CZ, a used 452 in .17. Looks brand new, no marks anywhere, for $349.00. I also have a 452 Trainer and a 455 w/full length stock. All very accurate.

The only rifle I have actually bought new in well over 20 years. Really nice walnut and I used the same scope simply because I had one off another rifle. I have the left hand version and love that little rifle.

Ron

I would love to find a 452, I settled for a 455 that the gunshop got in though. Put a Leupold 2-7x on her, and she makes me quite happy.

I got as much variety of match ammo that I could find, and at 25 yards the best groups were coming from Stingers. The Federal Gold Match stuff didnt impress me at 25 yards, and I shelved it for quite a while.

But last time I went to the range I brought a box of the Federal with me, and at 50 yards, it was very impressive. For my skills anyways.

Attachments

• cz 455 group.jpg
    cz 455 group.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 26
I like that scope and ring setup on your CZ452 . I have been trying to figure out how I want to scope my 452 , I might copy yours , looks nice and low .

Back