CZ 2075 Rami

I think they're a bit fat and uncomfortable. If I were shopping for a CZ for everyday carry, I would be looking at the CZ-75 Compact (the thumb safety version, not the decocker version).

Not much difference size wise between the 75 compact and Rami, but you get more capacity and better sights. The P-01 is just as nice but with an extended dust cover and rail. Concealment wise they are about the same. So far as the thumb safety is concerned, the P-01 comes in an Omega series which can be a decocker or thumb safety. Having carried guns with thumb safety in the past, I sure like the decocker better for a carry gun. To each his own though. Both work well.

The CZ 2075 RAMI is a cut down version of the old CZ-40B, which itself was an offshoot of the Colt Z-40 project. It is a good, solid shooter. There was a decocker version, but it didn't sell very well. The original, (they are out of print now), is a standard safety DA/SA pistol, and I found the grip to be too short for a comfortable grip. My ex-wife thought it was excellent, and it was her gun for years. I can say that the best way I found to get a good grip was with the extended magazine, which was really nothing more than the standard compact magazine with a sleeve on it. This, of course, reduced its concealability somewhat. Holsters are available, (High Noon made some very nice ones), and it will take any standard CZ-75B/Compact/P-01 magazine. It will NOT accept any of the P-10 series magazines.
If I had to choose from the aluminum frame CZs for a carry gun, I would go right back with the CZ-75 PCR, which I always said was/is one of the best DA/SA CCW pistols ever made. But the RAMI is not a bad pistol at all.

I had a RAMI .40 that I couldn't get to feed reliably even after multiple trips to Kansas City.I HAVE HEARD the problem didn't exist with the 9mm version.

It's a really clunky, heavy gun for its capacity. I would definitely choose a PCR over a Rami everytime

I only briefly handled the RAMI so take this for what it's worth. I tend to agree with the others here. It felt chunky and poorly distributed for what it was. I definitely prefer the P-01 and PCR, which feel good, shoot well, and are within a reasonable carry footprint.

If I have to go smaller than guns of that size, I usually drop to a lightweight revolver in a pocket holster.

Yes, the RAMI 40 was not a very reliable pistol. I have had two RAMIs, and my son still has my wife's, which was the very first one west of the Mississippi. He far prefers his CZ P-10S.

I owned a Rami 9mm for a short period of time. The Rami was too thick for my hands, so it was sold.
CZ in general manufactures some very well made pistols, IMHO.

I have a Rami BD. Favorite of mine from the CZ line. While I have lighter/thinner guns for ccw, I wouldn't have an issue carrying it.

Yes, the RAMI 40 was not a very reliable pistol. I have had two RAMIs, and my son still has my wife's, which was the very first one west of the Mississippi. He far prefers his CZ P-10S.
Mine still gets EDC usage in summertime. Have always been a fan of the RAMI.

--
Mike

I own one with all the Cajun parts I could stuff into it. It's fantastic! I do make my own minimalist holsters and the thickness isn't a problem. It comes with a 10 and 14rd magazine.

If you want a small gun that feels and shoots as well as a big gun get it.

Back