Cylinder Lockup

Georgian

Hey yall. I just got my replacement parts in Monday from VTI. I had to replace the hand/spring in my Pietta 51 Navy. Ok, as far as I know, I put everything back right, and the hammer cocks, etc. fine. But when I put the cylinder on the frame, and then the barrel, I try to cock the gun, and the gun is just locked up. It will not cock nor will the cylinder rotate. I cannot figure out what the problem is, its pretty puzzlin to me, cause it just doesnt make sense. What could be making the cylinder lock up just because I put a new hand in it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your new hand is causing it to start the cylinder too early. Take the grip off and back out the bolt spring screw untill it runs with the barrel on. Go slow, this takes a while and you'll have to take the grips on a off several times. And mark the screw position when you find it. Good luck

An easier fix is to use the old Hand as a guide as to length and shape. lay the old hand on the new hand and file the new one to match the old one. All hands come too long. good luck.

Yes, like Old Dragoon said. Just don’t take off to much
at a time. The hand is trying to move the cylinder before
the bolt is unlocking the cylinder.

Tinker2

Back