Cva Hunter question

jimbocarrey

Hi I have a quick question, is the cva hunter able to be taken down for transport like most single shot and side by side shotguns and rifles are? I'm not taking about cva's takedown model in talking about the regular hunter that they all in 7mm-08 from Academy. I'm looking for a very lightweight rifle that can be carried in a backpack and won't break the bank, the cva hunter is like $220 new and supposedly 5.5 lbs. I looked and the H&Rs but they seem to be a full pound heavier with the thick barrel and I can't find any with the thin barrel. Thanks in advance if anyone here has any knowledge about these rifles.

Regards,
Alex

I dont think so. I have a CVA Hunter in 44 mag, and it appears that the pivot pin is pressed into the receiver

I think that's how the H&R is made too of in not mistaken but it can still be taken down, correct me if I'm wrong. Does yours have any instructions for disassembly in the manual or anything?

Thanks for the link, I downloaded the manual but it doesn't mention disassembly aside from the firing pin which doesn't require the barrel to be removed.

Rmart30 I've seen the scout takedown online but can't find any for sale, have you ever disassembled your hunter? That's the one I can get at Academy but I'd like to know if it can be taken apart even if it's not as quick and easy as the scout. Thanks in advance!

Back