cva hawken parts needed

ironchef2000

Inactive
Hi all
I built this cva st.louis hawken kit @20 years ago and in the course of that time the tang and tang screw have been lost.
I it has the hook type breech plug,hopefully parts are avail but i have not found a tang for it.
I did find the screw at dixie gun works but they dont list a tang.Any help or ideas would be appreciated to resurrect this old project

Thanks for the info,I had searched thier site and didn't see any hawken part's listed.
But you prompted me to send them an email requesting information.
I was very surprised that through normal surfing I couldent find these basic parts.
Hopefull I am a little close to getting info.
Thanks again

Ironchef,

CVA still has parts for the old BP guns and will service them.
I am in the process of building a CVA Kentucky perc pistol and want to convert it to flint. I called CVA (770-449-4687) and they will convert the barrel for $25 and sell me the flint lock for $65. I also have a handle on a used CVA Hawken (perc) that looks good and CVA will convert the barrel and sell a lock for it also.

I guess CVA could sell more of the new fangled guns! This new generation is more interested in inline rifles! They are too lazy to hunt the hard way and want to use scopes for a cheap kill. Oh well, it's the sign of the times... It won't be long now!!!

An outfit called Deer Creek Products has parts for most of the old CVA guns. In fact they still import some of them that CVA no longer does. I don't think they have a website, but you can get their phone number from CVA.

I got the parts and did a conversion like Fred's talking about myself.

You might also try www.trackofthewolf.com as they have quite an extensive list of parts. I'd personally give them a call let them know what you have, dimensions on the hook breek and barrel size to see if they have the parts you need.

Here's the correct contact info for the Deer Creek folks 20cows mentioned above FYI:

Deer Creek Products, PO Box 246, Waldron, Indiana 46182. (765) 525-6181.

Seem like nice folks, even though they won't sell me a percussion bolster (neither will CVA). Anyone got one lying around? ;)

...even though they won't sell me a percussion bolster (neither will CVA). Anyone got one lying around?
:confused:

Dixie Gun Works will be glad to sell you one.:) About $6.50, if I recall.

Deer Creek sent me a copy of their latest catalog yesterday, without my asking for it.

I guess they remembered me.:)

20Cows,
I just stripped my CVA Hawken to restore it and convert to Flint. I tried to remove the bolster from the barrel but Vice grips wont cut it! I assume these are RH threads (CCW to remove)! How did you get your bolster out? Did you heat it? I am about to go with a pipe wrench but am afraid the bolster may break off!

Back