cutting a shotgun barrel.

Joe the Redneck

I need to lop 6 inches off a double barreled shotgun. My local guy said it would cost 75 bucks and I'm not going to spend anymore on this thing. I just need to get it down to 20 or 21 inches. It's going to be used for CAS and fun things, not real shootin.

Okay, I'm in over my head, so I need help. Hacksaw of dremeal moto tool. I was thinking of using a dollar bill as a measuring tool, as they are 6 inches long. What should I use to clean up the cut, file or paper? Are the Ribs going to be a problem? How do I fill in the little space betwit the barrels? This gun had already been cut down by the last owner, so I'm not screwing upa anthing that hasn't already been screwed up before.

Thanks for any help.

Joe, use a hacksaw to shorten. A file to square and then you might want to smooth with crocus cloth. If your lucky you can fill just the opening with solder. Smooth it out and color with Beechwood Casey Solder Black. Don't use a flame as it could heat the barrels enough to allow them to separate. Use a solder gun and just drip it in. You're just filling a hole. It isn't holding anything. I like to shape a small piece of steel to fit the opening, insert about 1/32" to 1/16" deep and then fill with solder. George

Back