Cut Glock slide for Bo-Mars?

Krag

Inactive
Does anyone know a gunsmith who cuts Glock slides for Bo-Mar sights?

------------------
"Use up all your ammo and have fun."
Robert Heinlein
Starship Troopers, 1959

Krag, I install Bo-Mars. I haven't been asked to put them on a Glock yet. As long as there is enough meat in the slide it could be done but a few measurements would have to be made. You can e-mail me if you like. George

IIRC, Caspian was/is making aftermarket slides for Glocks. Part of the sales pitch I first heard for them was that the stock Glock slides are too hard to be milled for aftermarket sights, etc. How true that is, I do not know, but I do know that I can't cut my Glock slide with a mill file. Damn, that's pretty hard!

Now that I think of it, doesn't Caspian sell a Glock slide that is already cut for the Bomar?

Greg - your right on both counts about Caspian. But I don't want to go that route for two reasons: $$$$ and the fact that I can't use a Caspian slided Glock in GSSF matches (of which I shoot a LOT).

------------------
Robert Heinlein
Starship Troopers, 1959

Here's a nice Bomar installation on a Glock. Unfortunately, the gunsmithing firm is in Sweden.

bomar300.jpg

Daniel - that's right, build up a guy's hopes and then blow him out of the air! :D
Thanks for the pic, now I have something to show gunsmiths.

------------------
Robert Heinlein
Starship Troopers, 1959

[This message has been edited by Krag (edited July 22, 1999).]

I have semi-reliable information that the surface treatment of Glock slides underneath that Parkerizing is a variation on titanium nitride. Yup, the almost hard as diamond stuff they put on drill bits.

It munches regular tools. Can carbide cutting bits be used on that, with good results and expected rapid wear? If Ti-Nitr is harder than carbide, then... repeat same question using Ti-Nitr bits!

I've heard of precision grinding, but know nothing other than of its existence.

Back