Customizing Savage 110

Strakele

Hey guys,

I have a Savage 110 with a Bell & Carlson stock, SSS competition trigger, Bushnell Elite 3200 scope, and a bipod, sling, and tactical bolt handle. I like it a lot and it's darn accurate as long as I do what I'm supposed to. There are a couple more things I want to do to it though.

1. Some form of cheek rest. I shoot prone and benchrest, and with the stock I have it's kind of uncomfortable to get a good cheek/stock weld. I also shoot 3 position air rifle and the Anschutz rifle I use for that has a great, comfortable cheek rest, so I want something similar for my Savage. I've seen one version that you can stap on, and other versions that require drilling through the stock. I'd rather not have to do that, but I guess it'd be ok if it was really worth it. I need a rest that makes it easy to get a good consistent stock weld, especially for long range since my scope does not have parallax adjustment. What are some options for a good, comfortable cheek rest?

2. Something to use for a palm swell. Again, I'm pretty used to the Anschutz rifle where everything is adjustable and very ergonomic, so I want to make my Savage just as comfortable to shoot. I've seen the one on midway which looks like it would work. Nothing says I have to buy it either. If there's a good way to do something like this with common household items that would be great.

Any other ideas? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money, just to customize the rifle to me so that it's really comfortable to shoot. Thanks!

For cheek pieces, you can't go wrong with the Karsten. (it is the one that requires drilling though)
Savage123081.jpg

Savage11630061.jpg

As for adding a palm swell, it can be done with a little bit of creativity, a little bondo/ epoxy, and a lot of courage...
SavageStockMod5.jpg

SavageStockMod4.jpg

SavageStockModFINAL4.jpg

SavageStockModFINAL3.jpg

Yeah I've been looking at the Karsten. Is that your rifle? If so, how do you like it? Is it comfortable to use and easy to get a consistent stock weld? How hard was the install?

Back