Customizing CZ75's?

lochaber

Hi all.

I am thinking about changing some things about my 75. Right now this is the list of my desired changes:

1) Replace trigger with either serated or adjustable trigger
2) Trigger job. There is more creep then I think there needs to be, and the hammer is moved a bit further back before being released, in SA.
3) Some nice set of slim wood grips
4) Replace standard hammer with a spured hammer to make decocking easier and because, darn it, I like the way it looks.
5) Replace magazine brake with fall free model.
6) At some point in the future fit a Bar-Sto barrel.

Now my questions:

1) Anyone know if CZUSA does such work?
2) Anyone know someone how does such work on CZ's?
3) Anyone already done any of these things and has an opinion?
4) Am I gonna go broke?
5) How do I convince my wife that I "need" these changes? :-)

Thank you all for putting up with my dream.

Lochaber

Hello.

I don't know if CZ-USA does that work, but am told their head 'smith, "Mike," does fine work on these pistols. I'm not sure if a serrated trigger is made for these guns so you might have to have a competent gunsmith do that to your existing trigger and I believe that unless the DA is disabled in your pistol, the slight rearward motion in the hammer just before it falls is inherent to the design.

Of the "known" gunsmiths, I'm sure that Wayne Novak or Kurt Wickman could fit the Bar Sto bbl, but bet they do that at CZ-USA as well.

You can buy a "drop free" brake from CZ or take the one that
is in your gun out and remove the bow. Replace it and the magazine will drop out. Don't just remove it as there's a ledge inside the gun that you'll hit with the back of the upper magazine in reloading and this could eventually damage the magazine.

I'd think that CZ offers the older spur hammer; the new ball hammer is a bit thiner, but I think that the older hammer will fit. If not, a gunsmith could fit it.

I ordered a set of wooden stocks for my CZs from CZ-USA and they were very pretty checkered stocks that fit perfectly. They were not particularly thin, but one could sand them down I suspect. I think they were about $45.

You'd be a much better judge of what to tell your wife than I.

Best and good luck.

The trigger on mine is pretty good so I haven`t messed with it. I did add a set of Hogue checkered cocobolo grips, they`re very thin,fit and feel great and look soooooo good. I recomend them VERY highly. As for the magazine brake,while I had the grips off I just straightened it out with a needle nose pliers. I didn`t even have to remove it from the gun. It took about 5secs. and it was free! :) Now the mags drop free like a 1911. I can`t imagine my 75 with a Barsto barrel. It`s already the most accurate centerfire pistol I`ve ever shot,including some "match" 1911s. The only custom things I`d do to mine are a mild trigger job (every gun can use a trigger job ;) ) and having the trigger guard rounded like an original 75. If I ever manage to wear out the polymer finish maybe I`ll get that done and have the gun refinished with Rogard or something. Good luck with your mods 75s deserve to be pampered. :) Marcus

Back