Customized Handgun Before & After Pics

LoLoSr10

Inactive
Just for fun, does anyone have some before and after pictures of a handgun they've refurbished/customized/personalized? Could be as simple as installing a new pair of grips to a totally custom race gun. I'll start it out. :D

Speed%20Six%20Before_zpsrpctdsj5.jpg.html

Ruger Speed Six Before

Speed20Six_zpsbz3ucpoq.jpg.html

After

Gold%20Cup%20Before_zps5wrvauth.jpg.html

Colt Gold Cup Trophy Before

8f70e363-61c2-4045-a161-2133521c7a8d_zpsl3wqh77g.jpg.html

After

Ruger Super Blackhawk when I first got it:

And final version:

And, Ruger .357 Mag. as bought used ($200):

And transforme into a .44 Special, and transfer bar removed:

And Flat Top .357 ca. 1960:

And today:

Bob Wright

Last edited:
Bob Wright:

Where did you get a ~5" 3-screw Ruger SBH .44 Mag? I am only aware of the standard 7-1/2" or the 6-1/2".

I like it!

Jim

AKexpat:
Where did you get a ~5" 3-screw Ruger SBH .44 Mag? I am only aware of the standard 7-1/2" or the 6-1/2".

This gun belonged to my son-in-law, and was originally a 7 1/2" gun. He had the barrel shortened to 5" by a Memphis gunsmith. He was killed in a car wreck in 1979 and shortly afterwards my daughter gave the gun to me.

Bob Wright

Ruger 22/45 Lite
Before

After

And my TC Contender.
I can't seem to find any before pictures, but here it is after some new wood.

Very nice revolvers Bob.
If I lived closer and had a day or two I could spend, I would love to look at your collection of SA revolvers.

Don't have a before picture. This one started out as an extra colt 1911 frame from my parts box and got sent out to be made into a longslide target gun.

Attachments

• phpJgVVupPM.jpg
    phpJgVVupPM.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 77
I don't know if these qualify as "customized" or not. But they're the best I've got. Everyone is probably sick of seeing them.

Smith & Wesson Model 19 (no dash)

Before.

When I got it, it was just "rough." Dry oil, fine rust, and gunk all over. Lots of small scratches. Blue worn wiorn down to bare metal.

All I did was give it a good cleaning, then polished it several times with Flitz polish, then waxed it with automobile paste wax. All the rust and gunk peeled off. The rough edges of the blue were smoothed, the mirror aspect of the blue came back.

There is still bare metal, but overall the gun looks about 100% better.

1968 Model 58, 41 Magnum. Came with Hogue grips. Not bad for shooting, but not much to look at.

Bought a couple of sets of grips for it.

These are recent Smith & Wesson N-frame Magna grips, by Altamont I'm told. Add a Tylers T-grip and some wax.

Or this set of bonded Ivory, same T-grip.

CajunBass, I envy you

That Model 58 is probably the ultimate Combat Revolver, and one of the prettiest damned things to boot!

Back