Custom trigger for Glock 34

Roland Thunder

I am thinking about getting a Glock 34 MOS. I've only owned one Glock in my life, it was a Glock 23 and I sold it about 8 or 9 years ago. I want to have a custom trigger put in the 34. I have had several M&P's in the past with the Apex trigger, so I would want something comparable for the Glock 34.

Any suggestions?

The Glock 34 has a better trigger in it to begin with than a Glock 17 or 19. I have one and have left it stock. It is a good trigger. Might give it a try before swapping parts. I don't carry the 34, it is a range gun and also locked in a bedside pistol case. Very accurate and easy to shoot but it is a large handgun.

APEX does make Glock triggers.

I think the best trigger I’ve felt in a Glock is the Timney and others seem to like it as well. I wouldn’t use it outside of competition, personally.

Here’s a video from a reviewer I like.

https://youtu.be/Cj8cCIq9zTQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a number of people on that video commenting about the other safeties involved in a Glock, the fact that Timney sells a more powerful return spring, etc. In my opinion is this setup less safe than a stock Glock? I think so. That’s also why I said I would only use it for competition.

Any time you put an aftermarket part in the action of a gun there's a potential that safety mechanisms will be altered.

A guy tested this trigger in his Glock and posted the results on THR. The striker would release under certain circumstances when the gun was dropped, and in some cases resulted in light primer indents, though never an actual discharge.

The fact that the striker can release and that in some cases the return spring isn't sufficiently strong to fully reset the trigger (and thereby fully enable the firing pin safety) is cause for concern.

One thing to keep in mind is that this design effectively converts the Glock to a true Single Action.

There are a few well-known companies which are making Gen5 Glock trigger kits. Some have already been mentioned in this thread, probably, with more to come.
Each company will believe it has a great product which may/will be exactly right for you.

A poll could be posted of these companies, once identified, if that helps, to determine what might be more popular from any readers of this thread (ApexTactical, Timney, Johnny Glock, etc.). I really don't know all the companies making Gen5 triggers out there.

I can only post what I've done to my non-MOS G34gen4, which similar to what I've done on my carry G17gen5 and G19gen5. From the standard "DOT" connectors which came with these Glocks, I've replaced the connectors with Glock-brand "MINUS" connectors. Note, my G34gen4 came with a "DOT" connector. It's a fairly small change in feel; ~0.5 pound difference in trigger pull. Once in a while, I'll change back to the "DOT" connector, but generally find I'm a bit more accurate with the "MINUS" connector. You might find these OEM minus connectors on Ebay, right now.

I've also changed the trigger shoes to those from Kineti-Tech:
https://kineti-tech.com/glock-stuff/
The trigger shoe change is primarily a personal preference. I usually choose "style 3" with a red-colored trigger safety.

Have you noticed the gen4 to gen5 differences in trigger feel to be worth mentioning the gen5 being better stock than the G34 gen4?

For me personally, yes. The stock Gen 5 triggers I’ve owned are a little lighter and have more of a rolling break without feeling as “spongey” to me. The return springs are different between the Gen 4 and Gen 5 and the factory Gen 5 trigger housing comes with the return spring as part of it as opposed to a separate purchase and install.

I caveat this by saying I never felt the need to replace a stock Glock trigger, Gen 3-5, even though I have shot pistols owned by others that did replace the trigger. I do like the “feel” of the Gen 5 trigger better and I shoot the Gen 5 pistols better, whether as a direct result of the trigger I’m not sure.

nice. thanks.

I think the advice to wait and see what a gen5 MOS feels like makes sense to the OP given the difference in feel from a glock 8 years ago.

I have an M&P CORE Pro Series 9mm that has the Apex Trigger kit in it and it has a problem with light primer strikes. Hoping to avoid this with the G-34

I have an APEX Tactical Action Enhancement Trigger package in my Gen3 Glock 17, and I highly recommend it for a Gen 3 application. This is by far my favorite Glock trigger. If your MOS Glock 34 is a Gen4 you can get an APEX for it, although I’m not sure it would buy you all that much improvement, Gen 4 triggers are usually pretty good the way they come

Last edited:
Back