Custom target grips S&W K frame?

valkabit6

I just bought a S&W Model 14. It does have the factory target grips, but I'm thinking of dressing the gun up a little, I'd like to find a comfortable & good looking target grip. Not looking for Hogue or anything that looks like it.

IMHO, comfortable and good looking are not the correct criteria for a grip for the target game; only scores count.

Jim

I have Nills on a lot of my guns. My 14-2 wears some Nills, too.

Nill.jpg

imagejpg2_zps1596c086.jpg

IMHO, comfortable and good looking are not the correct criteria for a grip for the target game; only scores count.

Jim

I agree. These look nicer but are for different applications than the ultimate accuracy at the 25 yard line.

image.jpg2_zpsqfv7a0cg.jpg

image.jpg5_zpseklick02.jpg

But to be honest I find that Hogue grips can be appealing and filling the hand nicely.

image.jpg3_zps0za3mmn0.jpg

Ahrend's Retro Target's.....great grips for a great price and you can order them in the exotic wood of your choice.
I have matching Ahrend's Retro Combats on a N frame model 58 and a K frame model 64...both are SWEET !
The factory grips are in a box, the Ahrend's get used and are much better for shooting.
Kim Ahrend knows a thing or two about proper grip shape, they fit my hand like a glove. I ordered mine unfinished , rubbed on several coats of Tung Oil Finish and they turned out beautiful !
Try them....they are nice .
Gary

Back