custom shop, or custom build

PocketCamera

ive discovered the joy of the wadcutter. it just fun. and scary at the same time.

instead of looking at over priced products form the sw custom shop, or even ruger target guns.

is it simply smarter to find any old revolver on the used market, or even a new lowest possible cost taurus in 38 or 357 and get a ppc barrel tossed on it

Just get a nice S&W model 14. Shoot a few wadcutters from it just the way it is and you’ll walk away with a big smile on your face. Every time I shoot mine it just tickles the heck out of me, makes me look like I know what I’m doing.

Just get a nice S&W model 14. Shoot a few wadcutters from it just the way it is and you’ll walk away with a big smile on your face. Every time I shoot mine it just tickles the heck out of me, makes me look like I know what I’m doing.
Totally agree here. I watched the auction sites and bid on every 6 inch or 8 3/8 inch Model 14 that came up till I finally got a very nice one for less than a new S&W would cost. It just cuts clover leafs at 25 yards with wadcutters. I even had one hole about an inch in diameter, on a good day.

My four-inch barreled Model 15 is one of my favorite revolvers. Somebody broke it in for me, so the trigger was already very smooth when I bought it. And I just love the balance.

Back