Custom Revolver Makers?

Lee Enfield

Are there any bespoke revolver makers? Not just scales and finishing, but practically creating revolvers from scratch. If there's a list somewhere, then I'd be interested in learning more about these makers.

I'm particularly interested in break top, DA/SA revolvers, though that may be too niche (?).

Thanks in advance!

Haven't ever heard of such a thing. The cost would be astronomical due to the amount of machining involved. Machining time runs over $100 per hour plus set up time. And you'd have to provide machinist's drawings.
"...break top, DA/SA revolvers..." Probably little or no demand for that. You'd be looking at Enfield, Webley, early S&W replicas(like a Schofield or a No. 3 by Uberti) revolvers. I'd be leaning towards a Schofield myself. For no particular reason except the DA.

Haven't ever heard of such a thing. The cost would be astronomical due to the amount of machining involved. Machining time runs over $100 per hour plus set up time. And you'd have to provide machinist's drawings.
"...break top, DA/SA revolvers..." Probably little or no demand for that. You'd be looking at Enfield, Webley, early S&W replicas(like a Schofield or a No. 3 by Uberti) revolvers. I'd be leaning towards a Schofield myself. For no particular reason except the DA.
Yeah a mod of a close base may make the most economical sense. Thanks!

I couldn't find the price on the AW website, but another www says 6600 pounds sterling, about $10,000. But you know that is what "bespoke" means.

I'd be leaning towards a Schofield myself. For no particular reason except the DA.

Schofields are Single Action.

If you're looking to get one of the repro Schofields (or the modified ones in .45 Colt) absolutely avoid Armi San Marcos guns. No matter who's name they put on it.

The A-W Mark VI is certainly attractive, but for $8000, I would expect a single action trigger pull of far less than 6.5lbs ! In any event, just wait until November. After a no-deal Brexit, these will probably drop to a more manageable $2500 ;-)

There's Korth as well. They do not make a break top, but they certainly make a bespoke .357 revolver.

If I had the money for a truly custom built from scratch revolver, I'd go all in, and find some twisted genius to make me a solid frame (so it will handle magnum cartridges) version of the Webley Fosberry semiauto revolver. :D

Back