Custom Kahr work

MellowMikey

Well now I wanna tweak my MK9 even more. :)
Scott Mcdougall and assoc only advertises converting P9's, I thought they used to do more work on the Kahrs.
Are there any other sources for Kahr custom work, such as trigger, function, etc??

TIA,
Mikey

I will eventually invest in 30 lpi checkering on the front strap of my MK9. For now I have installed non-skid material. I am a fan of night sights, so have a set of Trijicons. The Elite trigger group is well worth the investment if you do not already have it. I also have installed a Pearce grip extension on one of my 6 round magazines.

Aq51836.jpg

Runner, you bring up a subject I'm very much interested in. My K9 is an older version, (notice no relief cuts around trigger guard, and missing finish) and I understand that installing the Elite trigger is a desirable upgrade. Is that a straight drop-in mod, and which parts need to be swapped? I'm all ready to order them from the online KahrShop, just curious what the trigger upgrade is and does...

View

Gewehr98,

Mine came with the Elite trigger so I do not have an answer. However, I am sure one of our other members has an answer...

MellowMikey:

Look a little further! :) SMA only mentions the P9 on their homepage, BUT the MK9, K9, and K40's are listed at:

http://www.colt380.com/kahr.htm

Jeeze, their custom stuff better be good! The cost of the SM&A Kahr Package is almost as much as the dealer cost on the gun!

I had my Kahr K40 changed from the standard trigger to the elite trigger. The elite trigger has a 1/4" shorter trigger stroke. I had it done at the factory, so I don't know how hard it is to do yourself.

M1911

Back