custom gunsmithing

gunner357

Thinking about sending my SP101 to Jack Weigand for his package deal plus a new front sight. Any of you fellas had him do this to your ruger. I have read and heard good things about him. Replies thankfully welcomed.

I am new to this board. Been hanging around Ruger Forum for guite a while.

RELAX

Highest ethics, true Ruger expert, never heard ANY whines about his work EVER.

He might get some of mine to tweak............

Jack Weigand..

posts here quite often (assuming same person), and if his work is half as good as the advice he renders here, you'll have no problems and get a much better weapon back, I think.

I like my "Tame the Beast" conversion on the Ruger SP101. It is hybraported and has had the trigger polished and tuned a little. It does shoot low and to the left although it may have been doing this before he got it to work on. I don't know if he test fires his conversions after working on them. But if he does I would have expected a little better.
Overall I like his work.
SP101.jpg

ports.JPG

Thanks for replies. My 101 shoots left in most cases. I have found out with reloading that it is sensitive to point of inpact, not only vertically but horizontally. I shot some 3-d lead loads the other day that all shot left. I then shot some of my reloads that shot to center. I also have found it to be the best instinctive gun to shoot. Not using sights but just pointing, and focusing on X I seem to do better out to about 15 feet. This isn't the only gun I shoot left with. I find I shoot left with most autos I pick up and have to adjust sights for windage. Still love this 101. I noticed in picture you seem to have the tritium sight installed. The biggest complaint I have about the 101 is the sights rudimentary just like most snubbies. Did the tritium sight improve picture?

Back