Custom FN Hi Power Purchased "Used"

spikey614

Inactive
I found a "82" FN HP on Gunbroker.com. It sat there with S&W milled sights front and rear, stippling on the grip front and rear. Squared trigger guard. extended slide release and safety lever, trigger guard and no magazine safety. Other than that it was just a stock pistol.

Anyway what caught my eye was the sights. I've yearned for and HP with S&W rear and front sights. I remember Mr camp had these sights on one of his HP's. Then again I saw this set up way back in 79 that a Cop buddy of mine in Chicago had when I was a young cub. Very cool I thought back hen and the idea and desire embedded itself in mu brain.

I am so happy I was getting divorced a few years ago (!0). I was saving up to order a custom HP from C&S. Choosing the mod's I wanted, the finish and other work. I remember the invoice was around $2200 with one of my HP's. But that idea was put on hold and maybe i wasn't going to have it done for several reasons. BUT Lo and behold there she was sitting on line for less than $500.

I'd like to thank my Ex and her infidelity for saving me all that cash. I mean at least I had my turn. (OOOooh, Quote from the DICE man!) So now i HAVE A CUSTOM FN HP! I am adding the C&S FSF trigger system to her myself and I made a set for wood grips. Now I feel she needs a new finish.

Sounds like a Swen Swenson set-up, detail it carefully and see if there is any marking by him or his shop??? Might have something there!

For gosh sake, get us some pics!!! A Smith sighted HP is one, if not the top of the list, of my holy grail guns. Rod

I have a FN Hi power comp model with target sights I picked up for $140. It was at a local auction and was in with several black pistols. If you aren’t a gun nut even with the pistol in your hands you don’t know what it is. Was tagged Cassio 9mm. Close enough, bidding was week. Gun kinda crappy looking although in mint shape. Black parkerized finish and black Pach grips ain’t prettiest gun in world. But it do shoot. Most accurate 9mm I’ve shot.

Back