Custom clone of Saeco #221

60 grainers shoot like a dream through my AR15 (1-9 twist) just over 2100 FPS. CR lube sized to .225".

Mold is an NOE GB from Castboolits. I ordered the 5 cavity cuz I like production!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Very nice. What lube are you using for them? What alloy are you using?

I have a NOE mold for the 300 BLACKOUT 247gr boolits that I really like as well. Not pushing them supersonic, but for subsonic use, they're hard to beat!!

White label carnuba red. I am using WDWW's (water-dropped wheel weights). I have had great luck with them so I may try air cooling them and see if my results change, as I don't like unnecessary steps. :D

I gently flare the case just a touch and them use the 223 LFCD to just push that flare back after seating the boolit...I mean bullet. :rolleyes: :D

I would think an 8 twist would be too fast for cast. It would DEFINATELY be worth a shot though.

If you send me your address, the next time I cast some (who knows when that will be with the holidays) I can send you some if you wanna try them.

I generally use WWs and WD them.

That is some fine looking work there. I hope to soon be casting some 30 cal rifle bullets. I want to find one that will work well for a 30-30, 308, 300 win and an AR-10. I am not sure if that is too tall an order but I am hopeful.

30 cal, huh? I dabbled a bit in 30 cal

Lee mold 180 RF (180 grn), NOE 316299 (202 grn), and Lee Group Buy High BC (200 grn)

I use the Lee molds in my K31 and my NOE in my Mosin.

30cal.jpg

It is all fun! :D

Back