Custom Build, need barrel maker ideas

Nunya53

I'm planning on a future build. The base for the build is a Whitworth 300 WM which will eventually be a 375 Ruger with a stainless barrel. I'm going to have someone do the work, but would like to see what people think as to the barrel maker they would use.

Thanks,

Jerry

Decide on a budget first. And don't expect to see the finished rifle for at least a year. Otherwise, a Whitworth is just a commercial Mauser. It's usually best to use whatever brand the smithy sells. The guy might have a .375" barrel blank in stock. The brand doesn't matter much for a hunting rifle. Other than cost differences.
You want a guy who already has or knows he can rent the Ruger reamers too. If he doesn't, you'll be paying for 'em.

For my Whitworth build, and a Savage build i went with E.R. Shaw.
Their stainless barrels on their MKVII barrels have to be seen. You can't see where the barrel and the muzzle brake meet.
They can also do the work you need too.

My 6.5x55 build on a JC Higgins M50 didn't hurt me too much. It was a Douglas #4 with a Dakota safety and B&C stock that I provided. I like the Douglas, just looking for options to suggest to the Gunsmith I decide to build its

Jerry

Back