Custom 1911 Holster - Help!

Kvon2

Hi All,

I'm thinking I want to order my FIL a holster for his 1911 this year for xmas. Does anyone know of any sites/companies that can do this?

I would ideally like to get the US Navy logo(he's a vet) possibly with his rank and name included.

I'm imagining leather but understand that can be a lengthy process, I would do OWB Kydex as well.

Any thoughts?

Not that I've been shopping for custom holsters, but from what I've read of custom leather wait times, getting it by Xmas might be, erm, challenging. You might have to give him a gift certificate showing him what you've ordered for him.

I ordered a custom leather holster for my Clothes 1911 , best holster I ever owned , fits the gun like a glove and it's absolutely beautiful . R Grizzle Leather holsters . It's the Country boy , doesn't look like is sounds , I ordered it on mahogany . Check them out .

yeah, it's highly doubtful you can order a custom holster today and get it before X-mas. Usually the wait times are two months minimum, I think.

You might look at Wilson Combat holsters; they have multiple styles, types of carry, exotic leathers, etc. and most of them are immediately available, I believe. And based on the email they sent me the other day, they have a sale going on, and many of their prices are right in line with the Ruger holster you're already looking at.

Also, I know you can find Wilson Combat holsters on other sites, such as MidwayUsa, etc. so you don't necessarily have to order from WC.

Good luck.

Over the years, I've seen a metric ton of recommendations in support of Mitch Rosen, and I really like the looks of the one you linked. I suspect he'll be very pleased.

Back