Curved vs flat trigger: What say you?

TXAZ

If you have a strong opinion on which trigger type suits you better, please enlighten us. Rifle or semi pistol.
I have both with mixed feelings.

Basically, I prefer curved. Not a strong preference. Curved helps my finger go to the same point, even when grip is a bit off.

My thoughts from experience....

2 to 5 pound curved triggers are best for accuracy. Few ounce to 1 pound triggers do well either way.

I've got few 1 to 2oz triggers and I just touch corner of the triggers and those triggers don't have safety. It's one thing to sit bench and other to hunt Co winters with gloves on. vs shooting pd during summer months which flat would work.

I have both.
I do find a curved trigger to be more comfortable, but all of my remaining flat triggers are in rifles - hunting rifles. Since it is really only necessary to touch the trigger for a few seconds (even in extreme circumstances) to fill a tag, and my 'flat' triggers are all clean, crisp, and predictable, the shape of the trigger 'bow' isn't really a factor.
Even if I watch an animal, or entire herd, for two, three, or fifteen minutes while prone or sitting behind the rifle, my finger doesn't touch the trigger until it's time to take a life.

Handguns ... curved trigger. I don't remember what it was, but I had a semi-auto pistol with a flat trigger bow and have handled a couple others. Long trigger pulls - such as with striker designs with no pre-load, or DA pulls - don't feel very precise or repeatable with a flat trigger.

Please, educate me. Other than a handful of highly specialized match pistols and 15th century wheellocks, what guns have flat triggers???

And no, I'm not counting the M2HB butterfly trigger :D

Seriously,every rifle, pistol and shotgun I can think of has at least some curve to the face of the trigger.

So, where do you draw the line between curved and flat??

Curved triggers. I have been shooting for forty two years and every trigger I have owned or used has been curved, with the exception of one custom rifle. While I did not mind the straight trigger, it did not seem to be an asset for me; no need to change now.

Back