Curious Malfunction

Coronach

this is posted already under the same name in the semi-auto forum. I'll recap:

In the middle of an extended range session the trigger on my Sig P-232 failed to rebound properly. As in, the thing stuck all the way aft, flush with the frame. It took a solid *whap* with the heel of my palm (AFTER clearing the gun) to get it to pop back. It continued to do this several times.

I gave it to my PD's armourer, and he put it through the sonic wash, thinking it was a gunk/crud issue. I have it back now and it still does it, albiet less often and it is easier to clear, giving the gun a light shake will get it to pop back.

The ordies are in the middle of fine tuning sidearms for the next recruit class, so I don't want to bother them overly much right now...and the armourer already thinks I smoke crack since the gun refuses to do it for him (like taking your car to the mechanic). :D

Any ideas what is causing this?

Mike

Hum...

Just off the top of my head, could be a couple of things...

A bad spring.

A burr or gall somewhere on one of the parts.

A bent part that is causing interference.

If this is your service weapon, or your back up, and your guys are too busy, see about a SIG authorized repair facility near you.

Coronach,
I remember reading about this same problem on the 1911forum.com site. The cause, if I remember right had to do with the slide release being worn and the hole being oversized. You might want to check it out. Nothing worse than a minor malfunction to bother you during a day at the range.

Back