• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Curious {Again}

Kittle

Inactive
What is "ICQ number" referenced in the profile page. Is this important. Do I need to have one. Do I worry too much.

Thanks for your patience,

Rick

------------------
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself......
To insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and the pistol
are equally indespensable...... They deserve a place of honor
with all that's good......" GEORGE WASHINGTON

[This message has been edited by Kittle (edited February 13, 1999).]

Rick-
ICQ, as in "I Seek You" is a proprietary piece of freeware that allows you to monitor when your friends are on line and enter into live chat with them.

Many people like it. I can't stand the constant interruptions. Each time someone see you on line and has a few minutes to talk you get this annoying "Uh-Oh" thru your speakers. Gr-r-r-r!

I believe it may be downloaded at http://www.icq.com.
Rich

Be aware that ICQ is also EXTREMELY vulnerable to passing the BO-virus and other various sorts of nasties....in short it leaves you very unsecure. Posting your ICQ is just as bad as posting your phone#.

(Guns, knives and fishing aren't my sole interests ;) )

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

I have had ICQ running constantly in my background for about 18 months.. no viruses yet, but after about 4 months I began putting myself in constant "away" mode, which alleviates the interruptions. In fact, I hardly ever use it at all anymore, but it is nice to have when you are looking for someone.

What fine answers to my question. I believe I will pass on the ICQ deal. I don't like to have my fanny exposed to the world.

------------------
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself......
To insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and the pistol
are equally indespensable...... They deserve a place of honor
with all that's good......" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Back