Curio & Relic License......Question about the application

BBush

I am currently filling out an application for a FFL Curio & Relic license and had a question about the application form. On the ATF Form 7CR (5310.16) under #10 Nonimmigrant Alien Certification of Compliance With U.S.C. 922 (g)(5)(B), should I fill out any of the information under "A", "B", or "C" if I am a U.S. citizen? I was under the impression that you would only fill this out if you are an immigrant applying for the license, but I saw a website that said that everyone, even U.S. citizens, should fill out part "A" regardless. I was wondering if anyone could clarify this far me. I just don't want to fill out any part incorrectly and risk the ATF delaying my approval for licensure. Thanks for any help in this matter.

I just got my C&R License this month; for those areas that did not apply to me, I simply marked N/A and went on with the application.

BTW, I got my license in less than three weeks.

All the best,
Rob

The website that I was using as a template to fill out my application was surplusrifle.com. I think I will go ahead and fill out only "10.A." on it. I still don't think that the question is very clear. I tried to call the A.T.F. on Friday morning to clarify the question and as usual with government jobs, they aren't there. It must be nice to have a job that you get off several days before and after holidays.

Just mark it NA - I got my C&R in July. Filled out the paperwork, went on vacation and found it waiting on my kitchen table when I returned home.

BBush: ...I tried to call the A.T.F. on Friday morning to clarify the question and as usual with government jobs, they aren't there. It must be nice to have a job that you get off several days before and after holidays.

If it makes you feel any better they probably won't answer the phone the next time you call them either. And they don't return your messages either. Keep trying though, make it a game. :D

Just a word of warning- be cautious about using forms from websites other than the BATFE. When I got my application packet from them it came with detailed, step-by-step directions for each line and question. Made it easy.

Another word of warning- that $30 for three years of a C&R License? What a crock!!!! That C&R has already cost me a $1,000 this year.:eek:

well i am filling out my application as well, and was wondering about box 15 when you sign for the release of your criminal information, what do i put in the "Title box"?

Back