Cure for Hoplophobia

Jack 99

The unnatural fear of guns and those who use guns, according to Jeff Cooper, is Hoplophobia. Thankfully, there is a cure.

Its the Ruger 10/22. I know, you shouldn't start a beginner with an auto loader, but lets face it, its funner and more satisfying than a bolt action, especially to those who have a resistance to weapons.

For those of you who suffer Hoplophobia (surprised to find you here, of all places), congratulations, recognizing you have a problem is the first step. Now for the prescription: go get about $200 from your savings account, get your little Ruger, go to the range with a brick of good ammo and some targets (your friendly gun store clerk can help you with all of these items) and remember to take an experienced shooter with you. In 3-4 hours you will be cured! There's no need to suffer this affliction anymore and there is a cure.

Now if we could just cure "liberalism" :)

I don't have a problem teaching beginners with autos; I use a 10/22 and a Mk-I.

I just load one cartridge per magazine, or let them load one cartridge. They fire, drop the mag, load up one more, fire, drop the mag...

And the only cure for liberalism is logic, which unfortunately can't be legislated or surgically implanted.

------------------
You can't get something for nothing,
You can't have freedom for free.
--Neil Peart

Ewok,

Even that doesn't work reliably... think Donna Sha-na-na.

------------------
You can't get something for nothing,
You can't have freedom for free.
--Neil Peart

OK... so you cure them of one problem and substitute another. Your going to end up with a lot more adicts, like the one's here on TFL... A brick a day keeps the craven away.. :)

Richard

Back