Crye SIX12 Modular Shotgun

Combined with an AR like in the video, it looks like a monster.
Might need to hire a caddy to carry the thing very far.
Kind of neat, though.

Any updates on this? Anyone handled one? How does it handle the cylinder gap? How easy is it to swap cylinders? Must have a little money behind it as long as it has been in development.

I'd imagine topping off an 870P and keeping it in the fight would be easier than this thing, and for breaching, ever heard of an M26?

Well, there is a an under-barrel SBR version for an AR15 on their website.
Mostly a novelty, but a quite interesting one IMO. I'm mostly curious about how the cylinder gap is handled as it will be reight around the shooters face and I don't see much in the way of shielding

Well, there is a an under-barrel SBR version for an AR15 on their website.
Mostly a novelty, but a quite interesting one IMO. I'm mostly curious about how the cylinder gap is handled as it will be reight around the shooters face and I don't see much in the way of shielding
I believe it uses a Nagant revolver style barrel to cylinder cap removal system.

I considered nagant. I'm not sure it would work with a shotshell the way it does with the brass cartridge. With the brass there is, I believe, much tighter tolerances than with shotgun hulls. Some shotgun shells grow quite a bit when the tip opens up. May be why they haven't come to market.

Back