CRS Strikes!

Hardcase

A couple of the local auction outfits have online auctions and last week, one of them listed a hundred or so gun, so I took a look. There was a nice little Winchester 74 that caught my eye, so I figured that I'd hang on until the auction got close to ending last Tuesday.

Well, closing time got close and I watched the bidding get crazy - it ended up closing at $250 - way too high for me. So I took a quick scan of the other guns that were about to finish up. As I scrolled down, I noticed in bright green text next to one listing the word "WINNING". Now, that was interesting, I though. I took a look. Sure enough, I was the high bidder on a Springfield/Stevens Model 87 .22 rifle. For the life of me, I do not remember placing a bid on it. Heck, I don't even remember looking at it.

The auction ended and I was the winner for a princely $80. So, I told my wife that I was now the proud owner of another 60+ year old .22 rifle and we trundled over to pick it up.

I filled out the paperwork, handed over my CCW and debit card and the guy brought me out my gun. Then he brought out my "other" gun. Yep, turns out I'd bid on a Yugo M24/47 as well. Another 80 clams.

The look on my wife's face was priceless, and not in that good way like you see on the Visa commercials. The auction guys were pretty amused - they suggested that I start using Post-It notes. Eventually, my wife came around, too.

87_1.jpg

Back