• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

crosshairs and bulletholes

houndawg

Whenever I access a link within a message or look at a profile, then close the link or profile window, then go back to the Forum list, my crosshairs are all bulletholes. This didn't used to happen. The only thing I've done is update my MSIE program. I've done the cookie thing and entered through the front door, but it's still the same. I used to be able to read the messages, play on all of the neat web pages people had links to, and be able to come back to crosshairs and pink folders. I hope I'm explaining my dilema satisfactorily. Can anybody help?

I've noticed the same thing on my Mac when using Internet Explorer. The thing that I do to avoid that is to choose the "open in new window" option when clicking links.

It sounds like the software/cookie/site is working as intended, though.

[This message has been edited by TheBluesMan (edited August 16, 2000).]

I do use "Open In New Window". When I close out the new window and use the back button to return to the forum list all of the crosshairs have turned to bulletholes and all of the folders in the forums have turned yellow. I have no idea which posts I haven't read then. Yeah, I can look at times and remember titles, but that's what the different color folders are for.

Back