Croatian HS2000 9mm Anyone shooting one????

makarov

Sooooo, how 'bout it. I know a couple people on here have one. Lets hear more about them as you begin to put more rounds through them. How are they to take apart and maintain? How are they holding up? The "tenifer-like" finish?

I'm about ready to order one and want to know some more positive things about them to push me in the right direction. I am a school teacher and on a limited budget so even $279 is a significant purchase. I suppose I could probably get my money back out of it if I *hated* it, but I have a hard time selling a gun. Occasionally I trade on in on another one, but that hurts too.

Well, I got one last weekend, and put 150 rounds through it with two brands of ammo and no problems whatsoever. The fit is tight, and it feels much more comfortable than the glocks in my hand, as the grip is slimmer. The trigger is smooth and consistent, and the kick very manageable (it's only a 9MM, but some compacts like my Kahr K9 kick much harder). I enjoyed shooting mine, and it's definitely a keeper. I recommend that everyone grab one while the introductory prices are low. The HS2000 is the makarov of the polymer world.

Ditto what StephenT said:

I liked my first one so well, that I bought another one. When the mag is loaded, the balance of these guns is very good. I have put just over 1000 rds thru them so far without ONE single problem, and that included HP's. IMO the quality of these guns is on par with Glock.

Takedown could not be simpler, it is the easiest gun I own to fieldstrip and clean. It also has 4 safeties, but none of them impede shooting in any way. This is a well thought out gun and at a very attractive price.

I've had mine for about 2 weeks and have taken it to the range twice and used it in a tournament.
It is accurate and reliable. I placed 1st in rapid fire at 7 yds.
17 shots in the 10 ring and 3 in the nine with 6 of those in the bullseye. It is the best double tapping and rapid fire 9mm I've ever shot with. It has a short recoil which allows you to get back on target quicker. I placed 5th at 50 ft. slow fire. The top finisher for the tournament was shooting with a Glock G17.

The only downside to the HS 2000 that I could find was that when I have cleaned it with simple green and rinsed it off with water, a little rust developed in the chamber of the barrel and a little spot on the outside of the slide. This was no big deal because I always wipe them down with oil after cleaning. HS claims their finish to be as good or better than a Glocks tennifer, but that is obviously not true.
Overall, it is one of the best handgun buys out there right now at $300.00.

AirTech

Back