• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Criteria to have posting rights in Gun Show threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtinnj

Inactive
Hi,
I'd like to post a rifle for sale and have tried to find out what I have to do to gain those rights but can't find the info. All I found is that certain criteria have to be met. Please send a link or state the rules (or just grant access!). Thanks.

I have 443 positive feedback on eBay and and +13 on GunBroker.

Thank you,

Doug Topken

At the top of each of the Gun Show Buy/Sell/Trade forums you'll find the Gun Show Rules threads which explain everything you will need to know about those forums.

Thanks Mal

Hi Mal and thanks for your prompt reply. Is there any leeway on the 25 meaningful posts? I don't think I have that much to say or share. :)

I understand you have to guard against people with improper intentions, etc., but I am a decent guy, lifetime NRA member, 50 years old, never arrested/accused or convicted of anything.

Just trying to sell two 22 rifles that have become safe queens.

Thanks,
Doug

Is there any leeway on the 25 meaningful posts?

Sorry, but no. The Gun Show forums are a peripheral set of forums for TFL and are not meant to be the only reason our members join, and contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back