cowboy shoots

handgun357

I've been thinking about trying some cowboy shoots. Is a rossi 357mag. lever action a gun that is allowed at one of these shoots? I've heard that there are restrictions as to date of mfg., holding capacities, and such. Mine holds 10 rounds.

Rossi 357

G'day there Handgun 357 !!!!
The Rossi is fine for Cowboy action Shooting.....most restrictions refer to the ammo rather than the rifle itself but there are some....eg. open sights or tang mounted peeps are allowed but not receiver mounted peeps. Ammo must be lead or similar and in rifles have a muzzle velocity of less than 1400 fps. (its 1000 fps for pistols)
The Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) has all the rules / requirements on their web page,,,,,, http://www.sassnet.com/
Good shooting with the Rossi.... use a winchester myself but lots of folks down our way swear by the Rossi's for reliabilty and slickness of action.
Chris Bowie SASS # 3487 Kenton Valley Cowboys
South Australia

I had a Rossi in .45Lc and then one in .38sp/.357. Great little gun, a little rough until you broke it in, but nice. Your rifle sounds fine. Having ten capacity in the magazine helps tremendously at most matches.

Back