Cowboy action shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansbike

Inactive
I am getting out of cowboy action shooting and was wondering if the Firing Line would be a good place to sell my equipment. I have an Uberti copy of an 1866 golden boy 38sp short stroked, a Poltech copy of a Winchester 97 and a pair of SASS Ruger Vaqueros 357. I also have a gun cart made out of a jogging stroller and 2 Mernikle holster sets. One of them is brand new never used. Does anyone have any idea what this stuff would be worth? Thanks

Depending on cosmetics and condition...

The '66 should bring $800 easy enough. The .38 caliber is very desirable in the Cowboy Action game and the SS kit currently goes for about $175 by itself. Whisper Springs or SliXprings would help boost the resale price a few bucks too. Short Rifles and Carbines tend to be more desirable, but a few folks prefer the longer barrels of the Sporting Rifles.
Six months ago, I paid $625 for a lightly engraved used 20" Uberti .38-40 1866 carbine with 3rd gen SS kit, coil spring conversion kit, Grabber front sight, spring kit, and ladle reinforcement mod, but that was an exceptional deal.

The SASS Vaqueros should bring around $1000 for the pair - there was a pair on the SASS wire classifieds a few days ago for $1100, but it looks like a deal was struck for something less than that.
LINK

The Polytech 1897, around $350 or so.

Check Mernickle's Web site for current prices on the leather and price them accordingly, as per wear, etc. If they are double side rigs and you're a big boy, I might be interested - I'm 6'4"/320 and take about a 44-46" belt.

Last edited:
I'd suggest your best potential buyers are other cowboy action shooters. In my neck of the woods there are always new shooters coming on board, looking for gear, and what you have are examples of the most popular guns and accessories. I'd put the word out in the cowboy action shooting clubs in your area; they may have newsletters or bulletin boards.

Sorry to lose you from the "pool", though.

Try taking a look over on CAS City site - lots of CAS folks over there and they have a pretty active classified section as well.

Go to GunBroker or similar venues to check the prices.

If you want, you may sell them here but you must follow the rules including having the minimum of meaningful posts. Read the rules at this link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back