Cowboy / 2 Gun shooting tactics

Duxman

It looks good in the movies......

Was wondering if there was anyone out there in the real world who practices Cowboy / 2 gun shooting? If so, can you explain how to get proficient in this sport? (I understand there are competitions out there for this as well?)

Do you actually hit something? :confused:

Was wondering if there was anyone out there in the real world who practices Cowboy / 2 gun shooting?
About 40+ years ago I used to fast draw, and even entered a few competitions. No doubles though. Only one Ruger Single Action Six... :D

Pulling two will usually slow you down, and most folks often miss with the weak side gun. And, you will double+ your chances of shooting yourself in the leg, especially on the weak side. :eek:

I'm sure things have changed since my day. Pulling double competition doesn't make much sense to me, but neither do allot of things these days... :rolleyes:

I think the guy who wrote "Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting", describes it with revolvers... I've also heard of a Russian military manual for doing it with semiautos. I am guessing it can be done alright, but probably takes skill and dedicated practice to master. For the average klutz like me, I'd probably just shoot myself ;)

From what I understand

TRhey may be holding two guns but only shoot one at a time.

Either by alternating between shots, shooting one dry and switching to the other, or shooting one dry and border shifting and shooting the other.

Back