Court upholds convictions of border patrol agents

jimpeel

Oops. I forgot that I have to have an opinon and comment on it. My bad.

This is making the rounds on all of the talk radio stations on how these guys have been railroaded. The court threw out the part about their covering up the shooting but left in place the rest of the judgement.

The part about the coverup is what I have a problem with. Why didn't they just do the paperwork? The fact that they tried to cover it up says the shoot was a bad one.

The guy they shot has, I believe, been busted again for trying to bring in another shipment of drugs. He deserved a bullet in his a$$ but that coverup part is still bothersome. If they had put one right between his shoulder blades can we assume correctly that they would have dragged the body across the border and called it a good shoot on American soil? I believe they would have.

Now, let the obligatory and customary accusations of cop bashing begin.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iXihPpn22rM9HFMgrc8yMDXAbyWQD9271CQ04

5th Circuit upholds prison terms for border agents

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A federal appeals court says it won’t throw out lengthy prison sentences for a pair of jailed U.S. Border Patrol agents convicted two years ago of shooting an unarmed illegal immigrant and lying about it.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans on Monday upheld most of the convictions against former agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean.

The appeals court vacated the convictions for tampering with an official proceeding, but the three-judge panel refused to reverse the convictions that resulted in their lengthy sentences. . .

Click HERE to help the Ramos Family, and HERE for Compean

Click HERE to read the appellate court's decision.

Back