Court upholds convictions of border patrol agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimpeel

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iXihPpn22rM9HFMgrc8yMDXAbyWQD9271CQ04

5th Circuit upholds prison terms for border agents

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A federal appeals court says it won’t throw out lengthy prison sentences for a pair of jailed U.S. Border Patrol agents convicted two years ago of shooting an unarmed illegal immigrant and lying about it.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans on Monday upheld most of the convictions against former agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean.

The appeals court vacated the convictions for tampering with an official proceeding, but the three-judge panel refused to reverse the convictions that resulted in their lengthy sentences. . .

Click HERE to help the Ramos Family, and HERE for Compean

Click HERE to read the appellate court's decision.

In my opinion one of the worse convictions I've seen in many years and stinks of pandering to the Mexican government once again. A huge flaw in our system is those on top never or rarely do jail time and it would raise my view of our government and system of law to see a perp walk of those in control when it is deserved, but I won't hold my breath because we have become as corrupt as those we rage about in many cases.

They stopped a protected shipment and a message had to be sent. That makes I believe 4 LEOs rotting in Federal prison for stopping protected shipments. All handled by the same office. A blind man could see whats going on here. Bush may actually get impeached over this one. A number of Republicans are ready to go on it if the Dems will get off their duffs and join in.

There is exactly a zero percent chance of impeachment happening on any issue. We are in the middle of an election cycle, and the politicians are all too busy trying to get reelected to worry about impeaching anyone.

Impeachment doesn't just mean "I have sour grapes because my guy didn't win."

Bush may actually get impeached over this one.
Exactly what is the “high crime and misdemeanor” that he committed? Ramos and Compeon were found guilty by the courts, and the convictions have largely been upheld. I agree the convictions are egregious, but how is Bush guilty of a crime in this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back