Couple of Steyr ????s

hipwr40

First, what are the going prices for the M model in your area? When I first started seeing them they were priced within $20 of Glocks...now some places have them for as low as $399 NIB, or as high as $500 used..what gives?

Also, are the S series out yet? Heard about them, haven't seen one. Would like to shoot an S45 if it exist. Thanks for any info.

$399 for NIB would be EXCELLENT. I would bet that is an M model demo that GSI was selling for $350 that some dealer is passing off as new. After all if GSI is selling used demo guns for $350 how could a dealer be able to sell a NIB gun for $399 and make a profit when his cost is higher than that? Best I have seen on a NIB M is around $459-$479 which would put them within $20 of a Glock. When they became available they were over $500, but that was only to get more money out of folks who have to have the newest thing on the market, I remember G26 and G27 guns at nearly $700 when they first came out. The S series is out, but still hard to come by. No .45 cal guns are available yet, maybe next year, but for an S45 you might have to wait 2 or 3 more years. This year the guns are being introduced in .357, same gun that is already out in 9mm and .40.

Steyr M9

I recall CDNN investments had them in their most recent catalog for $349; made me wonder if the market place had made a decsion on these guns.

I bought a M series yesterday at a gunshow for $425 brand new (.40S&W)in arkansas

[Edited by Rooster3 on 02-26-2001 at 08:11 AM]

Yeah, I was aware of the demos that GSI is turning out and have seen some in local shops (I'm in AL, just 20 mins from GSI). It seems a couple of shops had the earlier serial# NIB models discounted to move them off the shelves due to slow sales.

Just not sure about these, it seems every time I pick one up it feels different than the last...especially the trigger. Although, I've never shot one, so can't pass judgement yet.

yes mine is/was a demo...shot it for the first time today (first time to shoot a .40cal) went thru a box of winchester super x fine...recoil was a bit sharp it seemed but i love the gun...glad i went with the Steyr than a glock. P.S. how do u tell if its a early gun or not?

Both the Steyr M-40's I had were the least reliable pistols I ever owned. Customer service was extremely slow (at least in my case). I will never buy another Steyr product as long as I live. Some people have had good luck with them but just as many have had bad luck. Thankfully I was able to get a refund for my Steyr and I went straight out and bought an HK USPc .45 My advice would be not to get one but if you do I hope you have better luck than I did.

Back