Couple of Pic's (first try)

bunker43

Inactive
Couple of pic's of my well used BP guns, I try to get to the range & shoot them at least once a month.

Attachments

• azd.jpg
    azd.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 445
  • azs.jpg
    azs.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 352
The 1858 is a Uberti copy the other one is a Thompson Scout 50 Cal, I got it missing a few bits (lost in a fire) the front wood I made up out of an old Mauser rifle stock.

Did someone say Uberti 1858?

2a.jpg

1a.jpg

3a.jpg

5a.jpg

Nortonics - you've proven why battles in the blackpowder era could be so confusing and why sharpshooters were limited in terms of concealment. First shot and it's "Hey, he's over there!" Volley fire by platoon and scratch one sharpshooter.

And besides, once you've shot your six rounds in battle you can grab the thing by the barrel in beat 'em senseless with the buttstock... ;)

Here's a couple more that burn the black stuff, but these's are a little longer.
L to R .75 cal Brown Bess(owner made)---- .45 cal Matchlock (custom made)---- .577 cal Snider cartridge rifle (original)---- .577 2 Band Enfield (parker Hale copy).
The green paint on them is the result of a lazy painter who didn't bother to move his rifles when he was painting his gunsafe.

BPRifle.jpg
[/IMG]

Back