• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Coupla questions:

Clark Kent

Am new here, and had some difficulty getting my profile signature right. In doing so, learned that posters don't have right to delete their own posts. Any special reason for this? Also, it would be nice to have a preview option, to test out stuff -- like getting italics and boldface right on a profile signature -- before they appear in a forum.

My apologies if these questions have been addressed elsewhere. I'm new. This does look like an excellent site. - Clark

------------------
Idiot, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. -- Ambrose Bierce

Clark, please see my note to you in the PPK thread in the Handguns forum pertaining to deleting posts. I went there before coming here and I hate to repeat myself. ;)

Clark, doing the preview stuff would require a hack to the software (UBB doesn't include the functionality). As for the delete issue, you could contact the forum moderator(s) and ask them... and don't worry, we've seen everything. ;)

BTW, your bold and italics in your .sig are fine. Bierce is always good content as well. :D

UBB is customer friendly software... it makes for a good looking and fun to use forum.
The problem is that when you are successful like TFL is, UBB becomes a bloated and angry hog to handle.
Rich works much harder than should be allowed just to keep this zeplin airborne.

One of the features of UBB is that should the first post in a thread be deleted - the whole thread goes away too.
For that reason, this is disabled.
The option you have is to EDIT out the message. And that works just fine.

------------------
You might laugh in the face of FEAR... but unless your armed, its a nervous, unconvincing, little laugh.

Thanx for all the comments and suggestions, guys. Mal, I did see your post in the PPK thread. George, perhaps I didn't do it right, but I tried editing out the message, and received a notice something to the effect that all the forms had not been filled in. I took that to mean the message window.

Anyway, altho I had hoped to be able to add a little color to my signature, I did manage to get the italics and bold working.

Thanx again, all.

------------------
Idiot, n. A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. -- Ambrose Bierce

Usually when you see a message about forms not being complete, it means that you didn't fill in your UserName and/or Password. Give it another try and let us know how it works out.

Also, I would advise against editing any initial post so much that the original meaning is lost. This would just render all later responses nonsensical. Remember - TTPO (Think Twice, Post Once).

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

You can't edit a post to "nothingness"...the software requires some characters present. Could be the reason you got the not all fields filled in.
That is why you'll sometimes see:

".....
(edited by yourname)"

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Back