• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Country Boy can't post!

• Thread starter Thread starter Country Boy2
  • Start date Start date
C

Country Boy2

OK, I need some help here. Back in December sometime, I couldn't post under my "Country Boy" username. I was told it was the dreaded cookie problem, so changed my options, but no luck.

I started this new username, and I can post just fine with this one. So I made sure my other account's options were set up the same as this one, and I still can't post under "Country Boy". Any ideas??

Rod

p.s. This is the screen I get:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.

2.You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.

3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Your original "Country Boy" account is inactive pending email confirmation.

It looks like you changed the email address you had listed with TFL a while back. The email address of record on the "Country Boy" account is invalid: torgeson@rocket .

Apparently, you mis-typed the new email address. Because of this, you didn't get the automatic email from TFL and you never responded to activate your account. At this point, we'll need to have an Administrator manually activate your account.

I'll contact an Admin to get your original account activated. We'll let you know when we're done. This being a Friday night... don't hold your breath... ;)

-Dave

THANK YOU!!!

My work computer has filters, and for whatever reason, often it'll remove the last half of my home e-mail address. Then again, maybe I just goofed up typing it.

Thanks!

Don't need to do that... You can help TFL by spreading the word of RKBA and proper safety.
Take someone shooting with you who has never gone before.
Do that, and you will do TFL a great service.

Back