Could Someone Identify This Cartridge Please

Sorrowful Jones

I picked up a few of these rounds from an estate sale. Not sure what it is. If someone can help identify it, I would appreciate it.
Sorrowful Jones

Last edited:
What's the OAL?

3 different 11 mm rimmed bottlenecked cartridges are listed on wikipedia with a Cartridge length similar to those.... the closest is the 11.15 Spanish Remington....... case length 2.25", OAL of 2.82".

Unknown round

Here's an overall length pic. Could this round be fired from a Remington rolling block 11mm rifle perhaps? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
The neck looks too short to be an 11mm Mauser (11X60mm). It looks about right to be 43 Spanish, and the fact that there is a Remington Rolling Block nearby would confirm that in my mind.

OAL of 2.90..... but it looks like a lube groove is exposed .... should have been seated deeper?

I'm guessin' 11.15 Spanish Remington (Case length 2.25", OAL 2.82")

or.... it could be 10.4 Russian Berdan (Case length 2.24", OAL 2.95")

Yes there was a Remington rolling block 11mm near. It was hanging on the wall and had been there for 25+ years. Didn't get to purchase it..at least not yet.. working on it. Thanks for the info

I am almost certain they are .43 Spanish (11.15x58R). They were either fired and reloaded without primers or the bullets were removed, the powder dumped, the primers removed and the bullets replaced. In any case, the cartridges were clearly meant for display with the rifle and not intended to be fired.

Since the ammunition appears to have been for display, it might not even have fit the rifle.

Jim

Back