Cougar High Capacity Mags

smokinggun

Does anyone know if there any pre-ban high capacity cougar mags available?
Im thinking the Cougar didnt come out until after Hi-cap ban
but just wanted to check to make sure.
Thanks,
smokinggun

I picked up a 92 so now I'm paying more attention, but I believe 92 or 96 magazines can be modified to fit the cougar.

One thing troubling me is noticing recent increase in classifieds on berretas for sale noting the gun is pre-ban and legal with hicaps. Sort of implied that the postban berretas that came with ten round mags were illegal to use with with high caps.

I wouldn't be surprised if a BATF edict did come down reinterpreting it so a postban gun was illegal to insert a hicap pre-ban into, bet I've not heard of that yet.

I have heard of some floating around, but they only hold 11 rounds. To me, it isn't worth the money for the extra round.

Like Preserve Freedom,
I've heard of some, and I've heard with a bit of modification 92FS mags will function, they just stick out and look ugly.
I'm not going to pay an extra $70-90 for another round.

There are no pre-ban full capability Cougar magazines. But you can modify a 92 magazine to fit the cougar by cuting a new mag release notch in the magazine.

Cougars have the same capability as the 92 series guns do. the 8000 Cougar holds 15rds of 9mm and the 8040 Cougar holds 11rds of .40. very few people waste their money on pre-ban 96 magazines since you're only gaining a round. 92 magazines do not stick out the bottom of Cougars they fit flush just as they do on the 92.

There are full capacity Cougar 9mm magazines availible. I have one. The .45 ACP version didn't come out before the ban, but it holds 8 cartriges anyway.

Russell92,
Regardingt the 92 mag sticking out of the Cougar...
I guess I must have been thinking of the compact Cougar because I know someone told me this...I just can't recall. I appreciate the correction regarding the mag sticking out on the full size gun. I have a full sized .45 Cougar and thus have never tried to insert the 92 mag. Good follow-up.

Back