cor-bons and smith model 60-7 38spl

bpisler

I need to know if anyone has fired corbon +P's from a model 60 and if so what were the results,this would be a limited use load used for carry and limited range use,are these safe in a j-frame?

I wouldn't hesitate to use "hot" ammo in any quality firearm on an occasional basis. I wouldn't feed a steady diet of +p ammo to a gun that I wasn't sure of, but I don't see the harm in putting an occasional cylinder full of +p's through one. Any S&W that is in good working order with no stress cracks, a properly locking and aligned cylinder, and a forcing cone in good condition should be fine for this.

Why Cor-Bon's?

I prefer the Federal Hydra-Shok +P's, for my
vintage model 60 Smith & Wesson .38 Special.
Just a thought?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

MOLON LABE!!!

I have shot Cor-Bon 110gr. +p, and the now discontinued 115gr. +p+, in my model 60 and model 638 airweight with no problems. It's probably not a good idea to shoot a lot of them in a J frame, but it is fun.

ala dan
I've used cor-bon often thru the years
and like their speed and lack of a
muzzle flash.I checked and found most
125gr +P's are listed at about
950-975fps (4" barrel) compared to
1100fps for the cor-bons,federal makes
fine ammo but i just like the cor-bons
better,thanks for the input:D

I carried COR-BON's 110 38 spl load in my M60. When I finally chrono'd some it came out at 1180fps from a sub 2" bbl! I thought that was pretty impressive! I still carry the same load in my 642.

I carry Cor-Bons in 36, 19, 686 etc. Excellant performance and I retain my sight picture and bad guy identification when doin low/no light drills.

I would shoot just enough of em to make sure you can handle em with the 60.

Sam

Back