Cor Bon .32 ACP 60gr JHP in Clear Ballistics Gel.

5pins

JFq0FeNl.jpg

Test Gun: Beretta 70
Barrel length: 3.5 inches.
Ammunition: Cor Bon .32 ACP 60gr JHP
Test media: 10% Clear Ballistics Gel.
Distance: 10 feet.
Chronograph: Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph G2.
Five shot velocity average: 1190fps.
Gel Temperature 70 degrees.

https://general-cartridge.com/2020/01/31/cor-bon-32-acp-60gr-jhp-in-clear-ballistics-gel/

that round was smoking hot!!! I bet had it went box flap velocities it would have done better in the penetration as it would have expended slower or less. I wonder what gun/length bbl Cor-bon used for their tests?

5.5 inches, 9 inches... expansion means nothing when it doesn't penetrate, but I suspect that the penetration would be better and expansion would be less with a shorter barrel.

At least it's proof tho that there is .32 ACP hollow point ammo that does expand, but it costs you premium ammo prices to get that.

While the round doesn't met the minimum recommended penetration, the expansion is rather impressive and will certainly do a lot of soft tissue damage. A large wound channel like that would most likely cause a fair amount of blood loss. Would a FMJ really be a more reliable man stopper if it just poked a .32" hole? There isn't going to be any realy hydrostatic damage from such a low velocity. Thoughts?

There is no hydrostatic shock with handgun ammunition.
The only sure 100% stop is a central nervous system shot. Relying on blood loss will get you killed.
That said, I carry a Silvertip in the pipe and CorBon Powr Ball in my .32 mag.

Keltec P32.
My reason for carrying the ammunition that I do is to reduce the weight of the gun.
Notice that I don't recommend that others do that. Make your own decisions based on your own needs.
I'm comfortable carrying a .25 acp, so the .32 is a little bigger and I can shoot the .32 very well.

Interesting round, but I want more penetration. My KT P32 gets loaded with Winchester truncated cone FMJ or Buff Bore hard cast lead flat nose.

.32ACP just does not have enough guts to both expand and penetrate. Gotta pick, and I pick penetration.

Not picking a fight.

However, it looks like MOST of your hollow point tests resemble each other. They are very smooth mushrooms. You don't see that anywhere else.

I think your gel is too soft.

JFRUSER, I agree, I choose penetration over expansion as well. My Kel-Tec p32 is loaded with Winchester FMJ, the old round nose, before they went to the truncated cone.

Back