coonan 357

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubsy

I had a chance yesterday to shoot a magazine through a stainless coonan 357---it was a tetosterone rush---the pistol is accurate and seems to be in good shape, I was shooting blazer 158grs., ......this pistol is $600 with 2 extra magazines.
My questions are....
how reliable is this pistol?
How hard is it to get replacement parts or magazines?
How reliable would this pistol be with different weight bullets?
What is the real value of this pistol?
....any one with any experience with this pistol?...tks for your info and help...fubsy.

Replacement parts shouldn't be a big deal, because Coonan is still in business. Check them out <a href="http://www.uslink.net/~cruzer/main.htm">here</a>. As to the other questions, I have no idea.

The son of a guy I work with (yeah, I know)has one of these and seems very happy with it. Never heard of any problems. Doesn't carry it cause its too heavy. He talks about it being a good gun and very accurate, but doesn't seem to shoot it very much. hmm.. might be something to think about there. I get the impression that he only considers it as a toy that goes bang.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link ArizonaMorgan.....the store folk told me they were out of business........the pistol was accurate and was a rush......I just like them boomers....fubsy.

I have had two Coonan .357 std models. Both were very accurate guns and easy to shoot. In a need for extra cash I sold one. It was one of the worst mistakes I made. I do not plan on getting rid of my last one. I have six magazines and custom leather made for it. The only problem I have is waiting for the .41 mag. version.

Cheers,

ts

ts,
alright a little positive reenforcement there......, have you had any problems and if so what were they? How hard to get corrected?...fubsy.

Dang it Arizona Morgan you just had to do it. You had to post the web site and then I find out it's going to be available in .41 Mag., my all time favorite hand gun cartridge. Now I have to have one. And just when I almost had the money saved up for moms operation.
wink.gif

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

There are only a couple of guns I've always wanted to own, but have never had the chance.
One of them is the Coonan Arms .357 Magnum. Yes, they are still in business. They make the original full size model and a slightly smaller version called the "Cadet". I think that is the model I would be interested in. They also make a kit (spring and magazine) that allows you to shoot .38 special ammo in the gun, but as far as I know it's only available for the full size version. they have been around for some time and I have heard nothing but good things about them.
I'm suprised you don't here more, with the trend of trying to duplicate .357 mag ballistics in autopistol cartridges like the .40 S&W and the .357 SIG.

fubsy,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I only had trouble with my Coonan when I used Blazer Ammo.I only use Winchester Silvertip, Remington Golden Saber or CorBon ammo in my social guns. I also only use Sentry products on my guns and knives.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

ts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back