Cool revolver accessory!

Model12Win

Hey guys! I thought I'd pass this on. Mods: if in wrong section, sorry!

Yesterday I got two packages in the mail. Both from Remora holsters out of Florida. I ordered two of their "no-clip" IWB/pocket holsters, one for my S&W 642-1 no-lock, and the other for my Charter Arms .44 special Bulldog.

The holsters are great, but unexpectedly each one came with a free accessory holder. I wasn't expecting that! This thing is VERY cool, and I think it will fill a great role in my EDC setups alongside my S&W 642 and Bulldog. I carry the S&W during summer, and the Bulldog during the colder months. Here are the accessory holders on the Remora website:

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Remora-Single-Accessory-Holder-2-Pack-IWB-p/1mhs2-.htm

20150516_222518.jpg

I've been looking for a way to carry a speedstrip for these revolvers for a while now. Carrying them loose in the pocket works, but takes up pocket space for other items and the orientation can change throughout the day. I myself have been carrying a speedstrip in my left pocket, even though I'm right handed. Not good for a rapid reload.

So, I decided to see if this accesory holder would hold a speedstrip. It did so very well, no danger of the strip falling out whatsoever but is easy to retrieve when needed. This accessory pouch is made with the same rubber outer material as the Remora holster, and doesn't rely on a clip to hold it inside the waistband. It's just held in their with belt tension, and works extremely well. I wore it for a couple hours at about the 5-5:30 position, with my S&W 642 in front at about the 3:00 position.

The accessory holder didn't shift or move at all. I then tried a speed reload drill, WOW. This thing is awesome! Needless to say the strip is far easier to retrieve, and far faster, than fishing it out of a pocket. Not only that, it frees up pocket space for other EDC items. It absolutely does not print, it's only about 1/2" with a loaded speed strip inserted.

I think all you guys who carry speedstrips for your revolver owe it to try out this great product. I think you will find that it's possibly the very best way to carry a fast reload for your gun for CCW purposes. Super comfortable, ultra low profile, saves pocket space, strip is easy grab but retention is excellent.

Just thought I'd pass this on to everyone, take care! :)

Last edited:
Back