Cool Little Utilitarian Revolver

OP - Nice plinker for a good price. I have a 70s vintage H&R 9-shot revolver in 22LR that I bought in high school. Carried as a snake pistol in the woods and while fishing.

A kit or tackle box gun is usually a small, handy .22lr revolver that's included with one's gear when out fishing, hiking, or out working on your land.

I like it. Nice trail or truck gun or a gun to have on your hip when fishing. I bought a similar use pistol a few months ago. I picked up an H&R model 732 in 32 long with a 3" barrel. I reload for that round so ammo is cheap for me.

I took it shooting and had a ball with it. Pleasant recoil but enough of a bump so you knew this was not another 22. Don't get me wrong. I like the 22s also. The same day I shot the new 32 long I also took my S&W model 34 with 4" barrel and shot it. I had forgotten how much fun that gun was and how friggen' accurate it is. What neat gun. I hope your Rossi serves you well.

Great Score

I have the Taurus 94, I think it is the same...wish I had your hardwood stocks.

Small, accurate, two men and a boy DA trigger pull tho. No real "fix" as the issue is the frame size.

All the J frame size .22's have a heavy DA trigger, I just.thumb cock mine most of the time.

Coincidence I paid 249 at the LGS for mine too.

Oops, looked at your pic again, mine is a 9 shooter, not the same.

Congrats on a excellent find. I was given this Rossi in 32. Smith and Wesson Long, from a friend whose father had passed away. I honestly do not think he had fired the gun. Sweet little shooter. Very Accurate in single action. Has a hard double action but no big deal.

YxOJgsS.jpg

Back