Cool Computer Game

denfoote

Hey,Guys & Gals
On a lighter note, with all this talk about HK and S&W, and Colt, I found a WAY COOL computer game today!!!! :)
It's the Guns & Ammo "Ultimate Target Chalange" It features handgun,and rifle ranges,a skeet shooting range, and a pop-up target range. All you need to play is a mouse. No joy-stick is needed. Of course you need the minimum system requirements. They are listed on the box. I got this gem at Wal-Mart for $12.96 It is GREAT FUN :) :) :)
My girlfriend is hooked too!! :)
Check it out!!

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

For another game with lots of cool guns, try Rouge Spear from Tom Clancy. Lots of guns to choose from, with some neat effects like, the more you move the less accurate you will be, the longer you shoot in full auto the less accurate you are. My main complaint is that it takes forever to change magazines. But all in all a pretty cool game.

Rogue Spear works best with a 466 or faster machine. On my old PC it takes about five minutes for shot terrs to fall while on my newer machine they fall instantly.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Has anyone tried "SWAT 3"? The game looks pretty good just by looking at the box, but I would like to hear from someone who has played it. The Rainbow 6 series looks good too, but I don't have the patients or inclination to learn a phonebook full of instructions just to play a game. I would prefer something I can install and play in 20 min. or so like Delta Force.

Thanks
Walker

Swat3 has some major problems, IMHO. The game runs very slow, even on high-end systems with 3D accelerators, fast processors, and tons of memory. I have a fairly high-end system, and I couldn't tweak the game enough to get the gameplay suitable. Maybe they'll come out with a patch... Even if they do, I stil don't think the gameplay will be as good as R6

Rogue Spear is an INCREDIBLE game. It's worth being a little patient learning how to play this game. It's the best of it's kind IMO. Hats off to Red Storm Entertainment...

Actually you'll master the Rogue Spear controls in about 20 minutes. It's very entertaining but a time consuming death trap. I remved it from my comuter ASAP, I've got TOO much work to do.

------------------

I agree with the last two posts, Rogue Spear is a great game but it does consume a LOT of time. Before you know it 2 hours has gome by...

If your looking for a kool computer game go with Rainbow 6 Gold Edition. You get The Regular Game and a Mission Pack for about 20 to 30 dollars. Has my good ole favorite in there The H&K MP5 with the built in supressor. A good look for a gun and game fan.

------------------
Trespassers Will Be Shot
Survivors Will Be Shot Again

On my P3 450, 128mb of ram, Swat 3 runs fast. Rogue Spear cannot compare to this game, in terms of graphics and realism. You only have a few guns, but mods are coming out to change that. The graphics are like day and night. You have to see it for yourself. Rogue Spear is good, esp. for the multiplayer. Swat 3 will have multiplayer in a few months. And i am not biased becuase i have Swat 3 and all R6's, Delta Force 1 and im getting 2.

SWAT 3 is very fast on my Athlon 550 system with 128mb ram and a TNT2 Ultra video card. I also have Rainbow 6, and have Delta Force I. SWAT 3 is my favorite. The graphics are VERY realistic. I wish it had a few more weapons though.

Nathan

Rainbow Six is not bad but there are a few things that have to change, for instance the bad guys don't actually point their guns to kill you. Or there is the silenced MP5-SD that will kill a guy with one shot at 300 meters. The Car-15 is way too inaccurate as well. One thing i think that is lacking is a scoped sniper rifle. But all in all its not too bad

I liked rogue spear and rainbow six, until i tried Half Life with the mod. Counter Strike. From http://www.counter-strike.net
The game is very similiar but alot faster paced. I played Rogue Spear after playing Counter Strike and couldnt stay interested because its so much slower.

headroom,

I agree that Rainbox Six/Rogue Spear isn't 100% realistic. Heck if it were it would have SIG Sauers P226/P228 availale for the teams as these are used by USN SEALs, UK SAS and Dutch Special Forces. The game has three sniper rifles, however. The Barret, Walther and the PSG are all options.

------------------

Back