Converting AR to FA?

Glock19Fan

Hey everyone!

It will be a while before I even start thinking about getting a FA gun, but I was wondering how much money it would take to convert my Bushmaster AR to fully auto? IIRC, there is a $200 tax stamp plus the parts price. But how much all together would everything else cost. In Bushmasters booklet, they list different parts for their guns, and they are sold for ARs and M16s. With the stamp, is this the actual cost of the parts (I think there are 5 all together?), or is there something I am missing?

Thanks!

Registered DIAS or LL

are the only legal ways of converting your Bushmaster to an MG. Unless you have a Class 3 manufacturer's license you cannot build post-86 dealer sample MGs. And if you had such a license you would probably just buy M16s from the manufacturer for purposes of demo, then sale.

Sam

And a registered lightning link will run about $7500, a registered DIAS about $12,000. These will both allow your rifle to fire full auto LEGALLY. Neither requires modification to the receiver, and only the DIAS requires M16 parts. If you even own the M16 fire control parts with an AR15 (not even installed) its a felony.

A registered receiver M16 can run anywhere from about $9000 to $20,000 depending on make, model, condition, etc.

As Sam said, there's no way you can legally convert your Bushmaster by buying parts from Bushmaster and installing them, without first buying a RDIAS.

If I'm correct Its absolutely illegal to convert it unless it was converted to full auto before the '86 ban. I wanted to convert my SKS to full auto once but, I was told it was going to be illegal, no matter what you did.

SKS's are known for getting dirty and dumping the ammo in one long and unstoppable runaway. Thats what happened to my friend because he was too stupid too clean the cosmoline off before he shot his SKS. Thats not a full auto conversion, just a malfunction to know of and avoid. The lesson there is to keep your SKS clean, especially the firing pin area. Unforseen runaways can be quite dangerous.

Back