conversion cylinders

ford_shooter

So I got a repro. Remington 1858 black powder revolver in 44 cal. I was looking throuhg the MIDWAY USA website and saw I could buy conversion cylinders to fire cartridge ammo instead. 45 colt. Anyone have any experience or opinions on them..Safe? Accurate in 45 colt?

FORD

Mebbe it's just me, but, other than the novelty, why would anybody want, WANT, to shoot cartidges in these revolvers?

They ARE BP C&B, powder, ball, cap, grease, or grease then cap, 'less you do both ends.

I don't know, if you wanna shoot cartridge, there are bunches of them guns available. .22 to .50 cal, and everything in between. You wanna make a cartridge shooter, for a project, one thing, but seems like when someone spends 2- 3 hundred bucks for a "conversion" cylinder, all he wants is to justify the expense with cartridge loads. No longer a C&B shooter. Should buy a Glock.

Hey, you can shoot .357 Mag and .44 Mag with BP. If you wanna shoot BP guns with smokeless, have a ball. Just don't ask me to join you. (I know you wouldn't anyhow, but you DO get my point, don't you?)

Cheers,

George

Back